We are delighted to announce three fantastic workshops on Sunday, November 20th, 2011 with some of the greatest trainers you can get. Seb Lee-Delisle (SOLD OUT) and Jeremy Keith (SOLD OUT) are sharing their knowledge with you for a full day. Join one of the intensive workshops with a limited number of 19 seats per workshop. Tickets are €350 (including VAT and booking fees) per ticket.
- Workshops include:
- »Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- »Tea and coffee
- »Paper and pen/pencil
Please note: All workshops are ”Bring your own laptop“. A computer will not be provided.
Creative JS and HTML5 with Seb Lee-Delisle
What you will get from this workshop?
What prerequisite skills do you need?
What hardware/software do you need?
- »Any modern browser (ideally Chrome or Chromium)
- »Text editor of your choice (Seb favours TextMate
Responsive Enhancement with Jeremy Keith
Responsive design is one of the most exciting developments to hit the web for some time. But there’s a common misconception that it involves merely slapping some media queries on to an existing desktop-centric site and labelling the result "mobile-friendly." Nothing could be further from the truth. This workshop will demonstrate that truly effective responsive design must begin with the content first, which is then progressively adapted to a multitude of screen sizes and environments.
This workshop will help you to construct web sites that will feel natural on a whole range of devices, from mobile phones to tablets, laptops, e-readers and devices we haven’t even thought of yet.
You'll learn how to
- »Prioritise content
- »Ensure that no visitor is denied access to information
- »Decide when to switch layouts using media queries
- »Apply fluid layouts based on percentages
- »Serve up different sized images for different environments,
- »Figure out new processes and workflows that embrace the ever-changing nature of the web